Digital Marketing is an existing, rapidly evolving sphere. One has to realize this and understand that the modern market demands not amateurs but skilled professionals in the area, as demand for Digital marketers with time will only grow.
How is a professional Internet marketer requirements must meet?
First, the professional marketer is always evaluated by certain set of basic theoretical knowledge of the principles of functioning of the global network, including an understanding of terminology and knowledge of network technologies at the user level (at least).
Second, the professional must understand the conceptual framework of classical marketing and to understand the methods used in its promotion.
Third, if the Digital marketer presents himself as a professional, he should have at least a basic knowledge of web-design and web site development.
Fourth, the person must know information relating to that practice digital marketer should avoid in their work.
Fifth, he must have the “inspirational knowledge” that he received as a result of reflection and analysis of the most successful marketing projects that have been implemented on the Internet.
Marketer should competently and honestly evaluate himself and decide whether he can be successful in this field with existing knowledge, or should even improve himself, learn and gain experience.
At Marketing of 21st Century we discussed different job opportunities that we can have in future. Also two ex-students that finished MSc Digital Marketing told us about their jobs, expectations and problems finding job.
Also after this lecture I was really considered exactly about problems finding job in our sphere and I found that some companies require specific attributes from the applicants, such as:
– Experience in working with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Banner networks
– Web Design certificate
And the most awaken require is
– Experience working in the direction of online marketing – FROM 3 to 4 years!
Due to that I thought about couple questions that might help you to understand if Digital Marketing is your calling.To correctly estimate your chances, answer the questions objectively and honestly:
– What is you purpose when you go out to the Internet? What activities do you do for the longest time and the most? (if you connect to the internet for solving certain tasks, you have the basis of a marketer and you can manage your time, but if you are a mindless web-surfer, reconsider your outlook and choose another profession).
– Can you deal with a long and monotonous routine work? (Digital marketing it is pretty routine and monotonous work on the analysis and data collection, preparation of plans, strategies and reports, and therefore you will need to have perseverance.)
– Is it easy for you to communicate with other people? (Digital marketing is constantly in contact with different people and should know how to communicate and be sociable.)
– Can you quickly learn a lot of information? (Digital marketer is always working with a lot of different information and should keep in mind the basic facts that will not get lost in the data.)
It is you to decide!